Saturday, August 19, 2006

Trombone player wanted


Intrigued by the title me to it’s the name of a Short Film Series from Marcus Buckingham, best-selling author, expert on outstanding leadership and management practices.

So what is it all about The odds are that you – like most people – are not playing to your strengths at work most of the time. Recent polls reveal that less than two out of ten people – the actual figure is 17% – say they spend the majority of their day "playing to their strengths". Even if you devote 25% of each day to all those things you don't like to do, or that bore you, or frustrate you – your non-negotiables – this still leave 75% of your time at work to fill with activities that call upon your strengths. And yet so few of us do.

I am half way through the series so far and really enjoying it and have been surprised by some of the simple techniques there are to help recognise my weaknesses and improve on strengthens and made me think that I do not have to be great at something for it to strengthen me.

If you want to find out more why not visit http://www.marcusbuckingham.com/Film/

Happy watching.

No comments: